Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Rough Night

So, I had dinner with a friend last night and I think I ate too much because later I got a stomachache. I had some alka-seltzer before going to bed, but those only worked for a couple of hours.

At 2am I woke up ran for the bathroom and let it all out.

I was in pain for a good two hours and then some. A lot of things came to my mind while I was cringing on my knees in front of the bowl. I though, for some reason, about the pain women go through when giving birth and called myself a sissy if I complained about my tummy. I though about how much I enjoy being healthy and how fragile a human body can be, and I though about where I am in life and what I am doing to grow as an individual.

I couldn’t see the ending of my suffering anywhere near, as the pain remained like a sharp puncture right smack in the middle of my being. And everything in my entrails kept gusting out… over and over again. I had some water, but it came back out in less the 5 minutes. Then I had some more with the same results.

Still in pain, I sat on a chair and closed my eyes. I thought of a small sphere floating in front of me. I imagined this sphere hovering around my head. I looked up, open my mouth and swallowed this floating ball. I imagined it going down my throat and lighting up. It started to emanate a soothing glow. I felt it reaching my stomach and stopping for a second.

Once in there it started to turn on its own axis caressing the inside of my stomach, making the pain go away. Little by little the hurting diminished until all there was left was the sensation of an empty stomach. Which was good, very good. I went back to bed and slept like a baby.

No comments: